Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® is dedicated to implementing programs of service that enhance the social, economic, and educational well-being of the local, national and international communities. Programs remain the heart of AKA.
Our international program theme for 2018-2022 is Exemplifying Excellence Through Sustainable Service. The program consists of five targets, our signature enrichment program, ASCEND ℠ (hereafter referred to as CAP℠) and six community impact days. The five program targets for 2018-2022 are:
- HBCU for Life: A Call to Action
- Women's Health and Wellness
- Building Your Economic Legacy
- The Arts
- Global Impact
In addition to our international programs, we continue to address the needs of our local community. For over 60 years, Zeta Chi Omega Chapter has been a mainstay in the Alexandria and Arlington, Virginia communities, empowering individuals through our programs, service initiatives and platforms.
Zeta Chi Omega Chapter Longstanding Programs
- Tutoring students in Arlington, Virginia, all grades at the St. John Baptist Church every Monday (10+years).
- Mentoring young girls every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at the Charles Houston Center (45+ years).
- Providing holiday meals, festive fun and gifts to senior citizens in the Northern Virginia area (45+ years).
- Providing hot and hearty meals to shelter residences on a monthly basis (10+years).
- Annual Luncheon Fashion Show to raise funds for scholarships (62nd Year).
- Providing college scholarships to deserving students in the Northern Virginia area. (62 years).
- Annual Debutante Cotillion Leadership and Cultural Enrichment Program ( 61st Year).
Community Impact Days
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service (January 18)
- Pink Goes Red for Heart Health Day (February 5)
- AKA Global Impact Day (April 9)
- AKA International Day of Prayer (August 22)
- AKA HBCU Day (September 20)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Day (October 4)
- AKA Caregivers’ Day (November 15)